IUPUI launches search for executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis Chancellor Nasser H. Paydar has announced the commencement of a national search for the position of executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer.
The position is currently filled on a one-year interim basis by Kathy Johnson, whom Paydar selected to serve when he vacated the position in August to become IUPUI's fifth chancellor.
The executive vice chancellor and chief academic officer plays a key leadership role in developing and guiding the implementation of IUPUI's academic plans and programs; oversees the processes for recruitment, hiring and advancement of faculty; and promotes the success of the campus's efforts to continue to increase the quality and diversity of the faculty.
"We are committed to conducting a thorough and comprehensive national search to ensure a diverse, highly accomplished pool of candidates," Paydar said. "The visionary leader selected for this position will be expected to help build upon the campus's national recognition as a 'best national university' as well as its reputation as one of the best institutions in the country for its commitment to undergraduate teaching."
IUPUI has engaged Witt/Kieffer to assist the search committee chaired by Michael Patchner, dean of the School of Social Work. Additional committee members include IUPUI faculty, staff, student and alumni representatives as well as individuals from Purdue University and the community:
- Edward J. Berbari, Chancellor's Professor and biomedical engineering chair, Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI
- Mary E. Dankoski, executive associate dean of faculty affairs and professional development, IU School of Medicine
- Erin Dotlich, senior chemist - quality control, Eli Lilly and Company, Elanco
- Barbara B. Flynn, Richard M. and Myra Louise Buskirk Professor of Manufacturing Management, IU Kelley School of Business, IUPUI
- James W. Klenner, biological safety manager, IU Office of Health and Environmental Safety, IUPUI
- Daniella Kostroun, associate professor and history chair, IU School of Liberal Arts, IUPUI
- Matthew Lawson, treasurer, Graduate and Professional Student Government, IUPUI
- David W. Lewis, dean, University Library, IUPUI
- Khaula Murtadha, associate vice chancellor of family, school and neighborhood partnerships, Office of Community Engagement, IUPUI
- Mary Ann Sullivan, Indianapolis Public Schools Board of School Commissioners, IUPUI alumna
- Craig K. Svensson, dean, College of Pharmacy, Purdue University
- Jeffrey Xavier Watt, professor and associate chair of mathematical sciences, Purdue School of Science, IUPUI
- Office 317-274-5434
- Cell 317-201-7114